Extension Master Food Volunteer Program – 2019 Application Now Open!
N.C. Cooperative Extension in Orange County is seeking community members that are interested in volunteering as new Extension Master Food Volunteers (EMFV). The EMFV program is similar to the highly recognized Extension Master Gardener℠ volunteer (EMGV) program and is designed to provide volunteers the opportunity to support Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) agents with food-related programming.
Who Can Volunteer?
- Anyone who is passionate about making an impact on education about food preparation, food systems, nutrition, or food safety can apply.
- Ideal candidates will possess a desire to enhance their skills, increase their knowledge, enjoy working with people.
- Individuals that are willing to serve in any area of Orange County.
- Bilingual/Multilingual individuals with an interest in these topics are highly encouraged to apply.
Opportunities for Service:
- Cooking demonstrations
- Educational displays at health fairs and community events
- Youth and adult cooking and/or nutrition education programs
- Marketing and communications
- Local foods promotion
How to Begin?
- Complete and submit EMFV application by Friday, March 22, 2019.
- Attend EMFV Interest Meeting on Monday, March 25, from 3:30–4:30 p.m., at the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Orange County office.
- Communicate volunteer opportunities that suit your skills and interests to the FCS Agent.
After passing the interview process and approved background check, you will be invited to participate in the EMFV program, and remittance of EMFV training fee of $35 will be due no later than two weeks after notification of being accepted.
- Complete mandatory 30-hour core training.
- Contribute 30 hours of shadowing your supervising agent within the first year of service.
- Commitment to complete 20 hours of service per year and 10 hours of continuing education.
How to Apply?
Use the links below to complete the online application, or print the application and return it with the required documents to the Extension office by March 22, by mail or in person.
Please address the printed application to:
Ivelisse Colón, N.C. Cooperative Extension of Orange County FCS Agent 306 Revere Road P.O. Box 8181 Hillsborough, NC 27278
EMFV Training Schedule: to be determined
If you have questions about the program, please contact Ivelisse Colón, FCS Agent, at 919-245-2055 or email at email@example.com.