Youth and Adult Scholarship Opportunities From the Extension & Community Association
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Every cent counts when you are trying to further your goals and enroll in a university or a community college!
That is why the North Carolina Extension and Community Association, better known as NCECA, offers an Annual Scholarship for youth and adults at the state and county levels. The NCECA State Scholarship is worth $800 and the Orange County ECA Scholarship is worth $200, for a potential total of $1,000.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist students youth and adults in obtaining a degree at any North Carolina university or college, in any field of study, with priority given to Family and Consumer Sciences. These could include but are not limited to:
|Youth Development||Nutrition/Culinary Arts||Food Sciences|
|Family Life Education & Coaching||Child Development / Family Relations||Family and Consumer Sciences|
ECA is a non-profit volunteer organization affiliated with Cooperative Extension that has been active for more than 100 years. Formerly known as the Extension Homemakers or Home Demonstration Clubs, ECA is committed to empowering families and individuals to improve their quality of life. To learn more about ECA visit the Orange County ECA page.
Every county Extension office that works with ECA submits its scholarship candidate(s) to the state NCECA Scholarship Committee which in turn will select a district winner. Even if our county candidate doesn’t win the district scholarship, the Orange County ECA will award the $200 local scholarship to our selectee.
- You are currently a high school senior or in college with no break in your formal education OR you are an adult who completed high school, had a break in your education, and want to further it now.
- All applicants must live in North Carolina and plan to attend a North Carolina accredited college, community college, or technical institute.
- You could be a part-time student and must carry no less than six (6) hours per semester, or a full-time student and must carry no less than twelve (12) hours per semester.
- Previous applicants and/or recipients may reapply each year that they remain in school.
- Due date: Application and accompanying documents should be submitted by 5:00 p.m., Monday, February 1st, 2022.
Application and Documents to Submit
Download, print, and complete the application from the following link and submit along with the required documents: NCECA-Scholarship-Form
- Documents to be submitted along with the application:
- High School or college transcript (if you are or have been in college, only submit your college transcript): High school transcripts— Ask for an official transcript from school in a sealed envelope and submit along the rest of the documents. College transcripts— request an official transcript to be mailed to Ivelisse Colón 4112 Salem Church Rd. Haw River, NC 27258
- Impact Statement: On a separate page, write a brief paragraph explaining the value or impact the Extension & Community Association (ECA), 4-H and/or FCS programs, and/or Cooperative Extension has had on your life or your family’s life.
- Three (3) letters of reference, signed by the individuals.
You can mail all documents to Ivelisse Colón at the address above or bring them to our office at the Bonnie B. Davis Center 1020 US-70 W. Suite 130 Hillsborough, NC 27278 (located in front of the DMV office in Hillsborough). Due to COVID-19 restrictions, if coming to the office you are required to wear a mask while in the building and call to get an appointment with Ivelisse Colón at 919-245-2055.
What is Your Connection to North Carolina Cooperative Extension?
This is one of the questions in your application. If you or a family member have participated in any of these, you are connected to us in one way or the other:
|4-H or FFA member||Participated in Central Piedmont Jr. Livestock Show||Child of local farmer/agribusiness people served by Cooperative Extension|
|Senior or Adult who was part of 4-H program||Child of or Adult local farmer/agribusiness served by Cooperative Extension||Family of Extension’s ECA member|
|Participated in 4-H Camp in Orange County||Participating in Juntos Program||Child of participant or Adult that participated in Extension’s FCS or EFNEP program|
|Participated in NC Youth Dairy programs||Shown livestock in local circuits||Participated in Youth Market Turkey Show at NC State Fair|
Make sure you submitted everything you need for this scholarship. Take a look at this guide: ECA Scholarship To-Do List
If you are the awardee for any of the scholarships, you will be notified before the Fall semester begins (Verification of enrollment at a North Carolina institution must be received by the NCECA appointed treasurer before a check can be mailed).
For questions, please contact Ivelisse Colón, Family and Consumer Science Agent for North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Orange County Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 919-245-2055, or by text at 336-525-1722.