Orange County Community Garden Grant Program
N.C. Cooperative Extension of Orange County Announces the Orange County Community Garden Grant Program.
Apply to get $500 to start a new Community Garden or upgrade your existing Community Garden.
- The land tract and community garden on which the funds are to be used must reside in Orange County.
- Collaborative/Group grants must include at least 3 gardeners and may include agricultural groups, agencies, and/or non-profit organizations.
- Grant funds may be used to purchase durable goods such as small tools, planters, cultivators, irrigation equipment, rain barrels, drip irrigation tape, etc. or expendables such as lumber for bedding, insect netting for row cover, plastic for high tunnels, etc.
- Funds cannot be used to pay workers, rent, insurance, etc.
- Grant proposal deadlines: will be the last day of the month (March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31).